Sunday 10 June 2012

Results

Well I finally found some time in my busy schedule to update my blog to say that my results were AWESOME!!! I also have to say that it feels so good to say that I have a busy schedule :) There are so many of us that complain about work and how much we work,  and that we have to go to work, and ask when is our next break, lunch, day over etc...but if work was taken away from you, and you were forced to sit on your couch while everyone else continued making money, and continued their independence....do you think you would miss it? Really think about it? Of course for the first few weeks it would feel like the most amazing vacation, but then imagine, you can't do much but rest, and you can't go anywhere because you are not making money, and you can't share in stories with your friends because you are not working....so really you are the odd man out. Daytime TV, is terrible, reading becomes tedious, and everyone will tell you to get a hobby....to the point that people telling you to get a hobby becomes a hobby. Everyday is Friday. I am in love with working again, I love that I have somewhere to go, something to think about, and something to strive towards. I love that I have something to identify with and most of all something to feel passionate about. I probably will never complain about when is it Friday again...because I know there is someone out there waiting for a Monday to come back into their schedule.

I found out on Monday that I have no new lesions or progressions. I was elated, however I didn't think I did as I feel very sharp and clear in my mind right now. I will be flying back down to have my eyes checked out as I have been having a bit of light sensitivity, which is a common problem with white matter diseases, and to do some peripheral nerve testing. Beyond that....I am good to go until November :). I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off....I will be at my one year mark at the same time I have been married for a year. What a better way to celebrate an anniversary then to be in full remission :).



I feel pretty lucky and fortunate right now. I have a career that entails everything I could have ever wanted in a career and I am married to a man that has stood by some pretty scary things in the first six months of marriage, and I have ridden through a relapse of my disease straight to remission :).

I hope you enjoy this photo! I chose it because my grandmother is just so strong right now. In January she fought back tremendously from a deep stroke. She still smiles, remembers, and has lively conversations. It has always been my grandparents that have taught me resilience. She is a beautiful woman to the core. 

Until the next blog!

In Health and Wellness,

Colleen :)


No comments:

Post a Comment